Rose Ring Pendant
As many jeweller's know taking photographs of your work is tough stuff! The worst is dealing with a polished finish as the light bounces around and can pick up surrounding colours. However, I still love taking pictures of my own work and trying my best to create an interesting image.
In 2005 I attended a Photo Shop evening class for 8 weeks to learn how to edit my own images. It has been one of the best moves of my jewellery career! My brother (a graphic designer) got me a Mac and Photo Shop and away I went. Thanks bro x
Things I have learnt on taking pictures of jewellery on a digital camera are:
1) Try not to use flash.
2) Take pictures outside on a cloudy day for less shadows.
3) Know your camera really well, read the manual and try out different settings.
4) A light box can be useful, especially if you don't have photo shop.
5) Take loads of pictures and edit after.
6) Use a tripod, very important!
Hope you like the photo, please tell me what you think. x